Pages

Friday, May 1, 2015

Baked Oatmeal Muffins.

It's May! Which means it's officially my birthday month. This month I'm treating myself, and my family, to all of my favorite foods with a twist. The twist is, all of the recipes I'm making are packed with super yummy and good for you ingredients. 

I'm on a mission to get healthy. I'm not interested in losing weight, or becoming the size of a super model. I love food. Like, a lot. So I figured why not have the best of both world. Make delicious food that's super healthy. And the best part, I don't have to feel guilty about eating it. I can have my cake, and eat it too! Of course, it will have to be a healthy cake. That exists, right? 

So the first recipe is a combination of two of my favorite things, oatmeal and fruit! Oh, and some chocolate. ;) I used all organic ingredients, but anything will work.



Ingredients: 

2 eggs.
1/4 cup canola oil. 
1 cup packed brown sugar. 
1/2 cup applesauce. 
1 1/2 cup milk. 
2 tsp. vanilla extract. 
1/2 tsp. salt. 
1 tbsp. ground cinnamon. 
3 cups old fashioned rolled oats. 
2 tsp. baking powder. 
Tbsp. of your choice of topping. (I used chocolate chips, dried cranberries, and blueberries.)

Directions:  

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners. In a stand mixer or large bowl, whisk eggs, oil, and brown sugar. Add applesauce, milk, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk until well combined. Stir in oats and baking powder. Fill muffin tin with 1/2 or mixture and add your favorite toppings. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool for about 10 minutes and enjoy! 
 
xoxo, E. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS