Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Kindergarten.

My dearest baby boy,

In twelve short days I'll be waking you up bright and early for your first day of kindergarten. Up until now, you've been by my side every single day for the past five years. Everything you've learned you have learned from your daddy and I. In a way, we've all been learning together. 

You are my first born. All of your firsts, are my firsts as well. And oh how I've loved watching you experience new firsts. Your first breath. Your first cry. Your first steps. Your first time meeting your daddy after his first deployment. And now your first day of school. Ever since you were a baby I would cry thinking about this day. Knowing it would come sooner than I would like. And here it is. 

I've never been good at sharing you. I wish I could keep you all to myself. But I know God gave me you because the world needs your bright and beautiful soul in it. You're going to do great and amazing things. I just know it.  

Remember to always be kind. Be creative. Ask questions. Listen. And most importantly, believe in yourself. Always. 

I sure do love you, Luke. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS